I can not believe how quickly the month of May came and went! It has been a whirlwind of a month, and I know that the months ahead will only get craziner with personal and professional commitments. But let’s be honest. I LOVE crazy, busy days. :)
As May winds down, I wanted to update you on my progress from my goals and let you know what is on the list for June.
– Read one book for pleasure. I’ve been reading so much about photography and having a business that I have neglected reading just to read. I managed to exceed this goal with flying colors. I curled up on the couch and outside to read 3 fiction books this month including Fifty Shades of Grey. (I mean after all the buzz…how could I not?)
– Blog more about industry ideas, tips and personal posts. This will always be on ongoing goal for me, but I think that I blogged a decent amount this month, and that I was able to share some helpful info to all of you, right?! :)
– Continue to be happy with less. Since coming home, I have been eliminating so many things that I do not really “need”. I want to keep letting go of things and only hold on to the things I really treasure. A few days after posting my goals, I was packing up my boxes to move into a new apartment. I eliminated (and left behind) a lot of things, however every day I am looking for something to let go of. For every new thing I get, something old must leave.
– Start doing the things that I have pinned via Pinterest. I’m a pinning machine, but I keep forgetting to actually make the crafts, cook the recipes, or use those helpful tips and tricks. I am still pinning more than I am doing, but I used a lot of my photography inspiration boards this month for shoots with my clients. I made a delicious orzo soup. And I started rounding up and executing some great ideas for my dear friend, Molly’s, bachelorette party.
– Stop comparing myself to others – especially other photographers. I think we can all agree why this is not good to do. Sigh…..this was a bit harder for me. After my sessions, I would come home and critique my work…comparing it to my inspiration shots. The positive of this is that I am forcing myself to grow and improve.
– Get back into working out (regularly). ehh…I am doing a lot more walking around the city. That counts, right? This will be a June goal…again.
– Submit my work to photography competitions and blogs. I got so caught up in the day-to-day that I did not submit to any competitions or blogs. However, I do have a creative review with a photography studio. That is progress…I think.
– Be spontaneous. This is something I am constantly trying to work on because my Type A, planning personality likes everything figured out…however my boyfriend is the opposite. :) I made baby steps on this when my high school best friend expectantly came into town…that counts, right?
– Continue to tell people about my business and look for new ways to grow my business and surprise my clients. I passed out business cards and created some new marketing plans. I even have an industry networking event scheduled for June.
Here are my goals for June. :)
– Network with other photographers and learn from their experiences/mistakes
– Photograph the bachelorette party I am hosting like a stylized shoot. Submit it for publication on wedding blogs.
– Get back into the gym. For real. It is beach season now….
– Use my speedlight more including as a fill flash on outdoor shoots
– Increase my number of Facebook likes on Brittany Bekas Photography.
– Make 4 new recipes. At least two recipes need to include meat for the boyfriend.
Hope that June is an amazing month for you all.