Every year when August arrives, I get a
little very sad. I know that the end of my summer bliss is around the corner. However for once, August is bittersweet for me. My schedule for August is jam packed with weddings and portrait sessions, so even though the summer sun will be only be around for a few more weeks, I will be working my butt off! :) And this is good because I somewhat failed my July goals. Ek!
JULY GOALS ::
– Learn to shut down my computer one hour for bed (i.e. stop bringing work into the bedroom!) I did a pretty good job at this mostly because I finally set up my “office” in our apartment. Yes, I have officially taken over our kitchen table with my laptop and monitor. So, I keep my work in our kitchen (better than the bedroom!) until I get the big girl desk Phil said I could have.
– Launch Brittany Bekas Boudoir. I’m so excited for this to finally be up! My webmaster/brother had his tonsils removed mid-month, so I wasn’t sure if we would hit this goal, but being the hard worker he is….we did it! I can’t wait for people to check it out :: Boudoir by Brittany Bekas
– Spend two afternoon/evenings shooting things that inspire me around Chicago. I spent one day shooting. tear. I am making it a goal to put two days on my August calendar to just enjoy the pleasure of creating.
– Read two books – one non-fiction and one fiction. I finished up the Hunger Games series (which I loved!), and I am halfway through a book about digital branding. It is a little easier to put that one down. ;)
– Create my new packaging for my clients. After hours of shopping, running errands, getting quotes, and designing my custom printed pieces, my packaging for both my portraits/weddings/events and my boudoir work are finally complete. In fact, my clients will be receiving the new packaging starting Aug. 1. I’ll be sure to post the packaging early this month.
Now on to my August goals ::
– Have two “dates” with Phil where we explore this amazing city we live in.
– Develop a Brittany Bekas Photography workflow document. Essentially a guide for each step of how I want to handle my business.
– Find 3 new places to promote my brand and my work.
– Start adding dreamy lens flen into my portrait sessions.
– Start planning Europe. Phil and I have been talking about spending 6 weeks in Europe….time to actually pull out the guidebook and make it happen.
– Make the leap into using PASS. My clients deserve the best, and they want to share their images easily. This company will make it happen!
– Develop a sample wedding album to show my clients how gorgeous the investment is. And it will be beyond stunning when I include my gorgeous Punta Cana wedding!
Here’s to the end of summer + an amazing month ahead!