Chicago is packed with amazing photo locations between skyline views to gorgeous gardens. But when my clients ask me where to take their engagement or wedding photos, I always recommend these five Chicago locations.
1. Alfred Caldwell Lily Pond* : This spot is a hidden gem in the city …. tucked in between the North and South Ponds of Lincoln Park. I love this location for engagements and weddings especially if you feel more comfortable when there aren’t a ton of people watching your photo shoot unfold. A permit is required to shoot here and it recommended (especially for weddings). You can secure a permit for your session / wedding day here.
2. Lurie Gardens : The gardens inside of Millennium Park combine a pretty parklike location and city views.
3. Olive Park : If you are longing for gorgeous skyline views, Olive Park is a great spot. This location at golden hour has the most gorgeous light as the sun sets behind the skyline. Plus it is right next to Oak Street Beach.
4. Art Institute Gardens : Similar to Lurie Gardens, the Art Institute Gardens have a special charm and romance to them that make this spot a gorgeous location.
5. Lincoln Park (South Pond) : Variety is why I love the South Pond in Lincoln Park. Your photos will include the ever-changing-nature of the park AND some skyline photos. This might be my favorite engagement session location because of all the options we have in such a small area.
Interested in knowing more of the best locations around Chicago? Stay tuned for another blog post coming soon on the best photo locations in Chicago and the suburbs.
* = permit required for these locations.