Welcome to my blog and my very first post on here! I’m excited to FINALLY have this up and running.
For the last couple days, I wondered what exactly would be my first blog post. For some reason, something about the first post felt like a lot of pressure. Like it had to be perfect. And then I took a deep breath and realized it should just be me.
This week, I am in the process of rewriting my bio/about section for my new webpage, so I thought it would be a fun way to capture who I am (and help me figure out what I should include in my bio) by posting a list of questions so you can learn a little more about me (and I can too!). I’m not going to lie. I was stumped on some of these….
- What was your favorite food when you were a child? Grilled cheese. And this answer would be the same if the question was “what is your favorite food as an adult?”
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? One of Those Days, Joshua Radin. His music always calms down my Type A personality.
- What is one of your favorite quotes? Ahhh! I have so many, but my life mantra is “what’s meant to be always finds a way.”
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Photographing. Followed by shopping….I think.
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Cleaning out my refrigerator. It is always the combination of smells that puts me over the edge.
- What was the first thing you bought with your own money? I am not sure if this was really the first thing, but I remember it was one of the more expensive things I bought. It was a tan suede jacket from Nordstrom. I bought it in 3rd grade and I was completely obsessed with it.
- What is your favorite form of exercise? Dancing with my friends. It never feels like you are exercising
- What’s your favorite color? Purple.
- Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? Call me a romantic (which is why I LOVE the idea of love (and weddings!), but I would pick true love. Money doesn’t buy you love.
- What’s your favorite animal? Polar Bears. Butterflies. Zebras. (I can have three right?)
- Name one regret you have: Not studying abroad while in college.
- Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? Both. My solve is the dark chocolate almonds from Trader Joe’s that are sprinkled with salt. Hits. The. Spot.
- Is a picture worth a thousand words? Wow, what a question to ask a photographer! Yes! Even as a writer, I have always believed that a photograph can capture the most special/intimate/emotional moment that is too hard to be described in words. Photos evoke emotions and touch people in the heart. They bring you back to a moment in time that often you might not have been aware was even happening.
- Are you mostly a clean or messy person? Clean.
- Any tattoos or piercings? My ears are pierced, but that is about it.
- Have any celebrity crushes? Patrick Sharp of the Chicago Blackhawks. Heart him!
- You’re given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? A trip around the world with my boyfriend. And then a Nikon 70-200 mm f 2.8 and Nikon 35 mm f2.8. I’m sure there is a lot of other photo equipment, but I won’t bore you.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? I have a lot of places on this list, and the order changes every day. But here are my top destinations: South Africa, Greece, Spain, Australia, Tahiti, Italy (again)
- What sound do you love? Crashing waves.
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Bianca. My mom was planning on naming me this but decided to go with Brittany Rose after meeting someone in Italy who just named her daughter Brittany Rose.
- Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Sophia Bush is probably my closest celebrity look alike.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Jasmine Star. And I didn’t even hesitate with this one.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A wedding photographer. :)
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? It depends on my mood but it is either organizing a closet, cabinet, drawer, etc, looking on Pinterest or watching a little reality TV (Bravo is my guilty pleasure).
- What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? My Nikon 24 mm – 70mm f2.8 lens from my boyfriend. He gave it to me for Christmas. If that isn’t support/encouragement, I don’t know what is.
I hope that you learned a little more about me from reading through this (if you made it through the whole post). :)