Figuring out what to wear for your maternity photo session never seems to get easier, does it? Over the last 12 years of working with clients, they *always* tell me that finding the perfect dress for their photos is the freakin’ hardest part about the whole experience. If you are just starting to search for the perfect maternity dress, here are a few tips on what to wear for maternity photos to keep in mind.
5 Tips for What to Wear for Maternity Photos
- Choose clothes you feel amazing in: Opt for clothing that you feel great in! If that means you rock a dress with long sleeves, pick something you feel extra gorgeous in. You don’t want anything too tight or too loose, as both can be uncomfortable and unflattering in photos.
- Consider solid colors: Solid colors, such as black, white, or earth tones, can be timeless and flattering. Avoid busy patterns or prints that can be distracting in photos. A soft neutral always looks great in most outdoor and indoor locations.
- Embrace flowy fabrics: Flowy fabrics like chiffon or lace can add a romantic and ethereal feel to your photos. They also allow for movement, which is great for playful, candid photos.
- Add some accessories: Jewelry, hats, scarves, and other accessories can so much personality to a basic outfit. Taking photos on the beach, grab a cute beach towel, tote and umbrella. Planning for maternity photos in a field, grab some sunglasses and some fun jewerly.
- Be comfortable: Ultimately, comfort is key. Choose clothing that makes you feel comfortable and confident, as it will translate into your photos.
Now if you are anything like me, tips are great, but I’d love a little help in finding these magical maternity dresses that look amazing on camera. I rounded up a few of my absolute favorite dresses for a maternity photoshoot. You can order all of these bump-friendly dresses from two of my favorite online stores – Lulus + Pink Blush. The best part about both (if you haven’t shopped them before) is the free shipping both ways and all of these beautiful dresses are less than $100. :)
You can try them all on at home so you can style them with your shoes and jewelry to find your favorite dresses for your maternity photos. These dresses are not only great for your maternity photoshoot but also for your baby shower, wedding or holiday celebration.
Here are 20 dresses for your maternity session that will leave you feeling so fabulous for your maternity photos.
[ SHOP THE LOOK ]
Don’t sure if you are going to take maternity photos. These bump-friendly dresses are great for baby showers, parties, and just everyday style. Shop even more baby bump-friendly styles perfect for your first or second trimester!. First time ordering from Lulus? Snag 15% off your total order.
>>Not sure what to wear for your maternity or family photos<<<
WANT EVEN MORE PHOTO TIPS?
First time to the blog? Hi, I am Brittany, and I am a fine art film photographer specializing in lifestyle wedding and family photography. I travel worldwide photographing beautiful weddings, engagements, and families, and most of the time you can find me in Chicago, Naples (Southwest Florida), and Las Vegas. My light and airy editing style and candid, joyful photos are what I am best known for. Interested in working together? Contact the studio for more information.