If I wasn’t a photographer, I think I’d make an excellent professional shopper. One time, I walked into Home Depot to pick up a can of gold spray paint, and I walked out with soil, terrarium food, terracotta pots … oh and NINE cacti. (I would have purchased more, but nine already getting a little crazy for someone living in an apartment in Chicago). You can take me ANYWHERE – Ikea, Trader Joe’s or a tupperware party, and I am walking out with a shopping bag. I’m on my way to Confessions of a Shopaholic.
So, with the holidays around the corner, I put together 15 gift ideas specifically for photographers. Yes, photographers actually like getting gifts that are photo related (and if they don’t, send it my way because I do.).
FOR THE PHOTOGRAPHER …..
1. WHO LIKES TO BE DIFFERENT : Holga 120N Plastic Camera
3. WHO LOVES THEIR IPHONE : Olloclip 4-in-1 Lens for iPhone
4. WHO LOVES TO TRAVEL : JOBY Gorillapod Flexible Tripod
5. WHO LOVES THE LOOK OF FILM BUT SHOOTS DIGITAL : VSCO film packs for Lightroom / Photoshop
6. WHO NEEDS TO PRINT THEIR WORK : an Artifact Uprising gift card
8. WHO IS A BAG LADY : Shootsac Neoprene Lens Bag
9. WHO IS A FASHIONISTA : a fun, printed camera strap like these from Capturing Couture
11. EAGER TO LEARN MORE : Picture Perfect Posing: Practicing the Art of Posing for Photographers and Models or Picture Perfect Practice: A Self-Training Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Taking World-Class Photographs
12. WHO COLLECTS CAMERAS : Vintage cameras
14. WHO WANTS TO SHOOT REAL FILM : Film Is Not Dead: A Digital Photographer’s Guide to Shooting Film
15. ….WITH EVERYTHING : Recycled Film Roll Magnets