Getting ready photos are some of our favorite to capture because there is so much anticipation, excitement and fun radiating through the room. When picking a hotel to get ready at, choose a space that has beautiful guest rooms, cool architectural details and a gorgeous lobby.
The hotel can double as your rain back-up plan for photos, and it will ensure that your getting ready photos are just as gorgeous as the rest of your wedding day.
Not sure where is the perfect place to get ready at? Here are 15 of our favorite hotels in Chicago (and the suburbs) to get you thinking of where you might want to spend the morning sipping on mimosas with your besties.
1. InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile : The rooms (and am-a-zing suites) are modern, neutral and oh-so-pretty! The rooms are filled with beautiful natural light, and the location is perfect if you want to take photos before your ceremony on Michigan Ave or at the famous Wrigley Building.
2. The Drake : The spacious and elegant suites have plenty of space for everyone to enjoy the morning with you. This historic hotel is located at the edge of Michigan Ave … perfect for stunning photos at Oak Street Beach or the Wrigley building.
3. JW Marriott Chicago : Tucked inside the loop, the JW Marriott has neutral walls, big windows, and lots of space making it a perfect bridal suite. It has beautiful art decor floor and a gorgeous grand staircase in the lobby which are perfect for your first look photos.
4. The Blackstone Hotel : The Blackstone has the best bridal suites, and they are perfect for having all your besties in one place to get ready with you. With a beautiful hotel lobby and a location close to Buckingham Fountain, Lurie Gardens + Art Institute, you’ll have plenty of options for photo locations nearby!
5. Hard Rock Hotel : Located in the historic Carbide & Carbon building, the Hard Rock Hotel boasts rooms filled with modern decor and neutral walls. It is just steps away from the Chicago Riverwalk, so you can grab a few photos on the river before heading to your ceremony.
6. Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel : The Renaissance Chicago Downtown hotel has neutral rooms, savvy bars, a chic vibe, and a trendy rooftop overlooking the riverwalk. You and your hubby can head around the corner to the Chicago Theater for your first look photos or opt to meet your wedding party along the riverwalk for pre-ceremony photos.
7. Thompson Chicago : Tucked in the heart of the Gold Coast, the Thompson Hotel has a luxurious loft meets urban, industrial feel. The lobby and lounge are accented with warm American woods and clean, mid century lines. This space is great for your whole wedding party to comfortably get ready and soak in Chicago.
8. The Park Hyatt : Pair an amazing view of Michigan Ave from the bridal suite, sophisticated decor, and a wine wall perfect for a first look, and you have a dreamy hotel for getting ready.
9. The Palmer House : Tucked in the loop, this historic hotel offers a traditional + classic feel. The suites are spacious, bright and cozy, and the Art Institute + Lurie Gardens are just steps away.
10. The Guesthouse Hotel : Getting ready at the Guesthouse Hotel with your girls is like having your own apartment tucked away in the city. The room is sunny, bright, and has a balcony AND full kitchen, so you and your girls can sip away on your mimosas and indulge in a yummy brunch while getting ready.
11. Ambassador Hotel Chicago : These sleek and modern rooms are a photographer’s dream for a bridal suite. With all white decor and tons of natural light, your morning will be captured beautifully.
12. The Waldorf Astoria : The Waldorf Astoria is a magnificent mix of modern, elegance, and glamour. Rooms at the Waldorf Astoria have gorgeous furniture and creamy natural hues making for a calming, yet gorgeous getting ready location for your wedding day.
Not getting ready in the city? Don’t fret….these hotels in the Chicago suburbs are dreamy!
13. Hyatt Regency Lisle : Hyatt Regency Lisle rooms have gorgeous natural light and neutral walls, ideal for timeline getting ready photos. Morton Arboretum is just a mile away (yay!), which is a beautiful location for outdoor photos any time of the year.
14. Hotel Arista (Naperville) : Hotel Arista’s rooms are glamorous, sophisticated and have plenty of bright, natural light. Plus, some of our favorite photo locations are nearby like Morton Arboretum, St. James Farm, and Danada House.
15. The Westin North Shore (Wheeling) : This hotel has beautiful natural light, clean neutral walls, and a bright lobby + hallways making it perfect for photos inside before the ceremony. And if you are longing for a lush, outdoor location, Potawatomi Woods is just minutes away.
What other hotels + spaces around Chicago do you adore for getting ready at? Leave us your favorites in the comments below.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment